PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : From a Black World

admin
04 Ağustos 2023, 19:27
My world has always been black. For as long as I could remember it was always a dark and scary place and it never got better. After the war between King Alucard and King Yasu I had no one left. Both my parents died during the fight. I was just a baby then... And that's were things got worse. Half of the Chanture population fell, half of the Xolt population disappeared, humans ruled the planet and vampires were in hiding.

I lived in an orphanage for the longest time. I knew that place like it was the back of my hand. I remember that my room was thirty steps away from the stairs, that my roommate's bed was ten steps away from mine. The window was two steps to the left from my bed and that I would just stand by it and listen to the sounds of the town.

I remember when *they* came for me. I remember the sounds of three people walking up the old stairs. I remember the door creaking as they pushed it open. I remember the smell of the smoke that woman carried. I remember their rough mean hands inspecting me. I remember their cold malicious voices *grading *me.

"He's got fluffy hair," the man said, "An' it's white."

"Well, he's different from all the other Chantures we've seen around. And he's got amber eyes, looks like a real cat now don't he?" The female said.

"He's very smart, and his name is Jing. Jing, tell them how old you are." The caretaker said. He was a nice old man who truly cared about the children he took in.

"I'm 15," I said. I smiled and tried my hardest to look pleased.

"He's actin' like a real cat. Look at them ears; they're twitchin' to the sounds, Ma'am." I really didn't like the man's voice, he sounded uneducated and boorish. Like the only things he knew how to do was drink and fight.

"Yes yes, dear, I see that. Hmm," she trailed off. "He's tall; he appears to be strong, good looking...Boy, how graceful are you?" I took a sharp breath. I was blind, how graceful could I be if I couldn't see?

"Um...I don't really know, ma'am." I wrung my hands together.

"Well then show me!" She barked. I jumped and started to walk. Ten steps ...one...two...three...four...five...six...stumble d...

I tripped over her foot. I wasn't sure if it was there before hand or if she put it there but I tripped and fell flat on my face.

"What's wrong with you?" She yelled, "Can't you see my foot is there?"

I fought back the urge to cry and shook my head.

"No, Ma'am, I can't see..."

For the first time in my life I was glad I couldn't see because I knew that if I could I would have seen the two most wretched faces in Arcaina. Next thing I knew I was back at their tavern, but of course it couldn't have been any normal tavern...

Because I couldn't walk properly without studying the layout of the tavern I was told to sit in one place and greet customers. I was also told that I was too young to serve but just old enough to learn. So, for twelve hours a day I would sit on a silk cushion and greet who ever walked past me.

"Welcome to Flowers