PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : I Awoke Ch. 02

admin
12 Aralık 2023, 00:01
That day after the first night together, I needed to think things through. What had I started? I believed like every unfaithful husband that it wouldn't hurt anyone. I was in control and it was just a little fun. Who could be hurt?

I sat in the ten o'clock 'The Review of Emerging Risks Meeting' run by a very serious person in head office, via a video conference. It went on and on, I'd lost the will to be involved ages ago.

My seat was just out of the cameras field of view so unless I bent forward I could not be seen, this was planned as it had become apparent from previous meetings when I had been heard but not seen. It enabled me to gaze out of the window to the hills south and to watch clouds building for the next warm front from the west.

"So we feel that an in depth review of the actions and implication of xxxx risk should take priority as it poses a 15-20 year risk' I came back to the room with a jolt. I'm 55 what the hell do I care. I nod sagely, and agree that another meeting in 6 months to discuss the recommended feasibility study to be conducted by a company, for far to much money, is the way forward.

I wonder if she is thinking of me?

The afternoon passed just the same, emails about things which wouldn't change the price of fish, but matter to someone so much. An urgent purchase order for 20,000 had gone missing. The goods had arrived and where starting to be used in service, but the system couldn't be closed off. Oh hell I didn't really care. What difference did I make, I was just a medium size cog in the machine.

A text came 'where do you keep the spare key?' It was three thirty and she must have finished work and be back at the flat. I replied 'Under the loose stone by the wall.'

Oh to hell with it "I'm needed at site B" I said picking up my jacket and bag and heading to the car. The barrier lifted I drove out free and happy. Why was I working? Why did I do this? I stopped on the way back and bought flowers for the flat or her, I hadn't decided